Electric, Communications & Gas Manager
Municipally-owned Marshfield Utilities is recruiting for an Electric, Communications & Gas Manager. This individual manages, directs and coordinates the overall activities of the Electric, Communication and Gas department’s staff.
Examples of position responsibilities include:
- Manage compliance with FERC, NERC, MRO, and Gas industry standards.
- Review and approve design of all electric, communications, and gas system additions or changes such as line rebuilds, new extensions, and upgrades of existing facilities.
- Manage safety and training programs and recommend outside schooling as appropriate to ensure that all department employees are properly educated to perform their duties competently. Regularly monitor performances of all department personnel, ensure proper use of safety equipment, and compliance with utility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Direct preparation of bids and specifications and oversee contract services for the Electric, Communication, and Gas utilities. Plan, organize, and manage the engineering, operation, and maintenance of electric substations, combustion turbine generator, distribution, fiber optic and metering facilities as well as natural gas transmission facilities.
- Prepare Electric, Gas, and Communication utility budgets with assistance from department supervisors.
- Conduct long range planning for Electric, Gas, and Communications utilities.
The position requirements include:
- A technical background in power transmission and distribution operations and maintenance as is normally acquired with an Electric Engineering degree.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years experience with 10 to 15 years experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to lead others, plan ahead, manage and prioritize, problem solve, communicate effectively, maintain effective working relationships, maintain adequate attendance, and have a strong customer orientation.
- Applicant must live or be willing to relocate within 15 miles of the Marshfield city limits.
-OR- Human Resources Manager
PO Box 670
Marshfield WI 54449
According to WI statutes, applications for a position with a public authority are subject to release upon request under the Wisconsin’s Public Records Law. However, an applicant may indicate in writing that his or her identity should not be disclosed.